Mrs. Cecilia Stark, Prevention Specialist with the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council from Lufkin, Texas comes weekly to present a "Kids' Connection" interactive program with 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. There are 8 Lessons that she and another staff member ( Brenda Whitaker, Ami Holton, and/or Jason Wilson) come and share with our elementary students. The lessons are as follows:
1. Getting to Know You
2. Celebration of Me: to recognize and celebrate the unique qualities of each other.
3. Feelings: Identify ways and learn how to deal with them.
4. Anger: Identify ways to stay calm and stay out of fights
5. Dreams and Goals: To gain or strengthen sense of purpose and feel more confident in setting goals.
6. Healthy Goals: Recognize that we have freedom to make choices and that most students make healthy choices.
7. Friends: Identify ways to make and maintain healthy relationships.
8. Peer Pressure: Develop confidence needed to resist negative peer pressure.
* Reward for students with a fun activity for great participation on our last visit.
These lessons include crafts, plays, sunshine and cloud ( for students to share their feelings each week) and to learn life skills.